Week 3--Elder Raymond
Hello family,
We are doing so good in Couva. For sure, we have a baptism this week and next week, and we could possibly have a few the week after. It has been so amazing to see the excitement of our ward for these baptisms.
Elder Raymond has been doing really well. I have really been enjoying it. We are trying to do all that we can in this area to be most effective. I am very grateful to be learning from him every day.
I have a testimony of having the faith to find. There have been a few times this week when I've felt a little discouraged just because of not knowing how we will be able to find even more people who are prepared to receive this message, but every time we have chosen to just press on and keep trying, and without fail, working as hard as we can every day has helped me to continue to have my mind and my everything in the work. I am so grateful for that. I am so inspired by Moroni in Alma 50:1 when it says that he "did not stop making preparations." I know that the Lord expects that of each of us as well.
A spiritual experience I had this week was in talking to our investigator who is getting baptized on Saturday. We were in Chaguanas Branch yesterday, but he was still there in Couva Ward, and when we went to go see him yesterday afternoon, he told us of his experience there at church. He was able to meet the bishop and sit down and talk with him for a while. He was very excited about that, and he expressed to us of the reason he is getting baptized. He said he is doing this as a way to make a change in his life and that he is very grateful for it. When we saw the bishop later that day, he expressed to us of how excited he is for our investigator to be baptized. He is excited to have him in the ward. That is something I am very grateful for. I am so grateful that we have members who are excited about missionary work.
I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment