Week 5--Elder Griffiths
Hello family,
We are doing great in Couva. I'm really enjoying it here. I'm really happy that as we continue looking for people close to the church, we are finding them. We had a young man this week who wanted to come teaching with us every day this week, so that was a lot of fun.
Elder Griffith is doing really good. We are still working really hard, and I am enjoying the opportunity to serve with him. He is helping me to become better, and he helped me realize this week that there is a lot of potential power in the scriptures as we use them according to our investigators' needs.
I have a testimony of our prophet and the apostles. I know that they have been chosen of God. Something that I was reminded of as I was able to watch conference this weekend was a phrase in a hymn. I can't remember what hymn it is, but the line is, "And if I listen with my heart, I'll hear the Savior's voice." I am very grateful we had the opportunity this weekend to hear the Savior's voice through His servants. One of my greatest desires is that others may be reminded of the Savior as I go about my work. I know that following the things we learned this weekend will help me to do that.
A spiritual experience I had this week was in teaching a man named Rawle. We started teaching him on Monday, and we saw him quite a bit this week, and we taught him a lot. What stood out to me, though, is that he has learned so much on his own. Every time we have gone back, he tells us how the chapter we left with him in the Book of Mormon really answered his questions or spoke to his heart. He also came to all four sessions of General Conference this weekend. He loved it. He thanked us every time for inviting him. I am so grateful to see the desires he has, and I can't wait for all of the blessings he will receive when he gets baptized!
I love all of you so much. Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for your prayers! I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
PS- I don't have any pictures to send now, but later today, we will be going on a bird-watching thing, so hopefully we get some good pictures from that.
No comments:
Post a Comment