Week 6--Elder Griffiths
Hello family,
I had a great week this week. We got transfer calls, and I am so glad that I will be staying in Couva! I will be getting a new companion. His name is Elder Stott. He'll be coming up from Guyana this week.
Couva is doing great. We actually went to Chaguanas on Saturday just to see how the branch was doing. We are going to start working there at least once a week to get the members excited again.
I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to serve with Elder Griffith. He is such a great missionary, and I have learned a lot from him. I am sad that we have to be separated, but I am excited to be with Elder Stott this transfer. I know that the work will continue to progress and accelerate here.
I have a testimony of following up with people. We had a lot of fall-throughs this week, so we had the wonderful opportunity to follow up with a lot of people. While we did so, one of our investigators was not able to meet with us, but in the three minutes we were able to talk to her, we were able to find out that she received an answer to her prayer, and we were then able to put her on baptismal date! I was very grateful for that, and we are excited to see her this afternoon to help her prepare more for baptism!
A spiritual experience I had this week was in visiting Chaguanas on Saturday. It was so interesting visiting the members that the branch president asked us to because they were just so excited to see us again. They expressed how long it had been since missionaries were in their branch, and they just got really excited at the things that could start happening in the branch. That was a cool experience, and I know that this work really does make a difference in the lives of those we teach. It really helped me understand why we need to always act in harmony with the message we share.
I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment