Monday, April 1, 2019

Week 87--Couva, Trinidad

Week 3--Elder Griffiths

Hello family,

 We are doing pretty good in Couva. We are so excited for Nicholas to be baptized this coming Saturday. He is doing so well, and the members are really supporting him. We are also continuing to find those who will be prepared for April. I know that the Lord will help us to continually find more and more people as we simply go out there and find them.

  Elder Griffith is doing really well. We are working hard, and we are being obedient, so I am very grateful for that. He has a very good way of explaining the gospel to those that we teach, and it's very plain and simple. I have also noticed that when he has high goals, he strives his hardest to achieve them.

  I have a testimony of following the Spirit. I am very grateful for the opportunity each day to listen to the Holy Ghost so that we can know where we need to look for Heavenly Father's children. We have done so a few times this week, and it's always just fun to be able to go to an area that you feel you should work in and then meet the people there.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was in going over the baptismal interview questions with Nicholas. He is so committed to being baptized, and it has just really brought about a change of heart in him. Some things he said were, "It means I am born again," and "I consider myself lucky," and of the Sabbath Day, he said, "Spend the day with Him, He rested too." I am grateful to be able to learn from him both in the things that he says and in the things that he is doing to change his life. He has told us repeatedly of how his faith and self-esteem are growing as a result of this gospel. I know that this gospel is true and that it truly changes lives. I am grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.


Love,
 Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment