Week 2--Elder Griffiths
Hello family,
This week was a great week. There are so many cool people here in Trinidad, and I love it here!
We are doing great here in Couva. I really love this area a lot. It is a really cool area, and we have been able to see a lot of progress in a few of our investigators this week in the fact that a few of them have really grown a desire to be baptized.
I love being with Elder Griffith. It's honestly a lot of fun, and we are working hard. I have enjoyed being able to learn from his experience here, and he has very good desires to work hard and to have success.
I have a testimony of the importance of using study time wisely. Something that happened this week is that a certain person that we teach wanted us to look up scriptures about the afterlife and the plan of salvation, and so I wrote it down and the next personal study, I focused a lot on that. Even in our companionship study the next day, we discussed it as well. What was interesting was that that study also helped us and prepared us to answer someone else's questions in a much better way than we could have without that study. I am very thankful for the opportunity to study every single day.
A spiritual experience I had this week was when we saw Nicholas for the second time. He's the person I talked about last week. In the second lesson we had with him, we only had about ten minutes to teach him, but it was incredible. He had read the chapter that we had left him in the Book of Mormon, and he said that reading it had made the Restoration make so much sense. He told us that he had been so excited for us to come back, and after we shared our short lesson with him, he said, "When can you come back again?" I am so excited for him. He really is recognizing the difference that the Holy Ghost can have in his life, and I know that he is excited to be able to be baptized so that he can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost to be with him always.
I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment