Hello family,
Well, It was a little interesting coming to a new country this week, but I really like it so far. The ward is really cool, and I really like the people that we are teaching. We are working on helping everyone to understand that we are there to help them to follow Christ by being baptized. We were very excited to have Ralph's baptism on Saturday and his confirmation on Sunday. That was just a really cool experience, and he is so excited to be able to serve a mission.
I really like being with Elder Griffith so far. I haven't served around him for about a year, and it's really cool to see how we are working together very well. I love his desire to always be out working.
I have a testimony of having a desire no matter where you are serving. Of course, I do miss being in Bel Air, but as I was studying my scriptures this week, I came across a scripture this week. It says,"And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search [for] them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers." As I read it, I felt prompted to put the word "for" in the place that it is. I loved that promise. As long as we are willing to search for our fellow brothers and sisters, the Lord will help us to prosper in whatever land we serve.
My spiritual experience goes along with my testimony. Yesterday, we went out during the day, and we worked hard, and in the evening, we had an appointment with a less active member of our ward. When we went there, it turns out that he wanted us to visit his neighbor across the street. This neighbor had actually been invited by this member to the devotional with Elder Soares, and he went. After going there, he said he felt a comforting feeling, and he wanted to learn more about the church. Last night, he expressed his desire to be able to know and go in God's way. As we taught him the Restoration last night, he loved it, and he felt like Joseph Smith was just like him. We invited him to prepare himself to be baptized on March 30, and he accepted! I am so excited to work more with this, our brother. I know there are plenty of people just like him here.
I'm loving it here. Thank you for your prayers. I hope all of you have a wonderful week! My camera is still being silly. Hopefully, I can figure something out. I'll probably try to call next week. It won't work out this week, but I love you so much!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment