Week 5--Elder Andrews
Hello Family,
We are doing great in Bel Air. We were so happy to be able to find some new amazing people. We had two people whom we found during the week who came to church for the first time. The one sister apparently shared her testimony in Relief Society and said that she wanted to become a member of the church that day. We are excited to find even more people.
Elder Andrews is a great companion. He has a very powerful way of building relationships with those that we are teaching. I am really grateful to be able to learn from his example and to work with him every day.
I have a testimony of following up with people. Elder Andrews and I set a goal this week to follow up with our investigators every day. So far, as we have been trying it out, we've been able to help our investigators feel the Spirit more often, and we've been able to discover some concerns people have before we even go and teach them. It has been very interesting to do that, and I can't believe I haven't really tried it as much as I should have before on my mission. We are excited to continue trying it out.
A spiritual experience I had this week was just in talking on the phone with one of our investigators. We were following up with his Book of Mormon reading, and he said it was going good and that his aunt, who is a member of the church in Canada had called him earlier that day and was going through the Gospel Principles book with him. It just made me smile to hear that. Another spiritual experience we had this week was in going out teaching with our recent convert, Ronaldo. He is so excited for the gospel, and he loves riding his bike with us to go teaching. He is so excited to go on a mission.
Well, I hope you have a great week! I love you so much!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment