Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Week 82--Bel Air, Guyana

Week 4--Elder Andrews

Hello family,
 We are doing good in Bel Air. Our March is looking really good. The people we were preparing for baptism for this last week in February didn't work out, but we are still really excited to go out there and work because we just keep finding amazing people for March!

  Elder Andrews is doing really good. I love being with him. He was very excited for the change in missionary communication because it means he can actually talk to his family every week. I am really happy for him for that. He's excited to do that.

  I have a testimony of contacting people where you're at. We were in a certain part of our area looking for where a member had recently moved to, and we just couldn't find her, so we talked to someone walking down the track we were on. It turned out that he was someone I had seen at church the past little while, but I had never really talked to him before. We found out that he was not a member, but that he wanted to be a part of the church. On Sunday, after church, we went by him and started teaching him, and we invited him to be baptized, and he said yes. He was excited, and I know that the Lord directed our paths that one day to collide so that we could be able to finally meet this wonderful young man.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was going to teach a referral from a sister in our branch. He is her nephew, and it turns out that he has come to church the past two weeks already. When we went by to teach him, he told us that he has another aunt who lives in Canada who has been inviting him to come to church and to read the Book of Mormon. Apparently, she calls him like 5 times a week to see if he's been reading the Book of Mormon. It was a great first lesson, and he expressed the desire to be baptized when we invited him. Then, we were able to go by yesterday, and he said that he had prayed about the Book of Mormon, and he got a "glowing feeling" that was hard to explain. I know he felt the Holy Ghost, and he is really excited about all he is learning.

 The computer won't let me send pictures today. Hopefully, it works next week. I love all of you so much! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment