Hello family,
It has been a wonderful week this week. I really love it here, and I'm really excited for Christmas.
I really love being here in Bel Air. We were able to do a lot of finding this week, and we were so grateful to be able to find some new people to teach. We are working on having a full pipeline of investigators in our area. We were also able to see some recent converts this weeks that we haven't been able to see in a while.
I really, really love being with Elder McMillan! He is such a great companion. We are getting along so well, and he has already had some fantastic ideas of how we can just be in our area more. We've had more time, so it's been incredible.
I have a testimony of contacting every day. I've just really enjoyed meeting so many new people this week, and I've just really felt the desire to talk to everyone I can. I know that's what the Lord wants.
My spiritual experience this week was during our contacting time. During fall-throughs, we've just been contacting, because we really just want to build our teaching pool, and so we were doing that on Friday, and we had just come back on the road from the track we were contacting on, and we saw a lady also come onto the road from a track right opposite us, so we went to talk to her. She told us that earlier that day, she had been struggling because she didn't really have anything to give her kids, and she just wondered if it would be better to commit suicide. Thank goodness she didn't, but as we talked to her, she just expressed how she sometimes felt like God loved everyone else but her. As we talked to her about our message, though, she told us that she believed that God had sent us to her. We scheduled an appointment with her for a few hours later, and we taught her about the Restoration later that day. While we did that, we invited her to be baptized in January. She said, "No problem, it's about time." We gave her the Book of Mormon that day and invited her to read 3 Nephi 11, and we scheduled another appointment for the next day. The next day, she had read the chapter and understood it very well. The day after, which was yesterday, she came to church with her two little ones. After church, she made some really nice friends, and when we went by, later on, she talked about how much she loved the church and how nice everyone was. We only met her about three days ago now, but she is already progressing. I know that the Lord will put people just like her in our path as long as we are willing to get out there and give everything that we have.
Well, tomorrow, Elder McMillan and I are planning to start skyping around 12:00 PM our time, which is 9:00 AM your time. Hopefully, that works for you. I'm super excited to see all of you tomorrow! I'd encourage you to write all of your questions down so that you remember them tomorrow. Have a great Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Our family Christmas picture with Attish, Sarika, and Geetangeli |

No comments:
Post a Comment