Monday, December 17, 2018

Week 73--Bel Air, Guyana

Week 1--Elder McMillan

Hello family,

 I had a really great week this week. That package got here really fast! I loved it! It had just what I needed. Thank you so much for sending it to me! I also liked the Jesus picture you put on it.

  We are doing great in Bel Air. We were able to have a great week even though we were doing some transfers. We also had a baptism on Saturday for Ronaldo. It took a lot for his work to let him go that day to be baptized. Unfortunately, because of that, they would not let him leave at all on Sunday, so he didn't get to be confirmed yet, but he has a plan for next Sunday, and he will be there.

  I really enjoy being with Elder McMillan. He is a fantastic missionary, and he is very, very good with time management. I really enjoy that, and I have already learned a lot from him.

  I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost. I know that Heavenly Father sends him to answer us when we pray. We had a cool experience when we followed up with a young man we are teaching. We asked him if he had prayed about the Book of Mormon. He said that he had, and we asked him if he had felt an answer, and he said, "I felt a burning in my heart." He knew it was true, and that answer was his. I know that those answers come from God, and they are there to help us to have our own testimonies.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was being able to baptize Ronaldo. I have never done that ordinance before, and it was just a great experience to be able to perform that for him. After his baptism, when he got up to bear his testimony, he talked about how excited he is to be able to start his mission. When we were filling out his baptismal record, I found out that he is only 9 days younger than me. That was also just a really neat experience, and I am so grateful to be here.

 Well, I'm excited for you all to have Christmas over there. I am not exactly sure what time we will be able to Skype, but now we get 45 minutes to do it, so it's pretty sweet. I love all of you so much. Have a great week!

Love,

 Elder Hanni

Elder McMillan, Ronaldo, and I at Ronaldo's baptism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment