Week 9--Elder Christensen
Hello family,
So, who else saw Elder Redd in the choir? That was sweet! That made me so happy to see him there! I loved General Conference. I was blown away by twelve more temples and two hours of church. That will be nice. Something I tried during conference was putting exclamation points at the end of President Nelson's statements. It was interesting how much more meaningful those statements became.
We are doing great in Garden Park. There are lots of people we are preparing for baptism right now, so we are spending a lot of time with them to help them get ready. This Saturday, we will for sure be having the baptism of Akeela, but depending on other circumstances, then Kwesi, Sheniza, and Pamela could be getting baptized this weekend too. We are praying for them a lot as we go through this week that they may be able to work everything out. I have faith that it will work out as we do all we can.
Elder Christensen and I are doing great. We are really enjoying our companionship together. We are communicating well, and we aren't having any problems with each other. We love working here in this area.
I have a testimony that President Russell M. Nelson is God's chosen prophet on the earth today. My favorite talk in conference was his talk in the Sunday Morning Session. "The name of this church is not negotiable!" I loved that. I know that what he said in this conference is the will and mind of the Lord, and I am so grateful for the guidance and direction we have in these days so that we can prepare ourselves for the Second Coming of the Savior.
A spiritual experience I had this week was in going to the house of a less active family in our branch. We've been struggling in discerning what we need to do to help them, but this past week, we decided to hold a family home evening with them. When we suggested the idea, the father was very supportive, and he talked about how they haven't done that in a long while. As we did it, the atmosphere was just different because the Spirit was there stronger. It was like the difference between bringing the Spirit unto the hearts of the children of men and when they allow it into their hearts. I was very grateful for that experience, and I know that the Lord is mindful of all the families of the earth.
Well, Payton, you looked really cute going to Homecoming. I'm proud of you. Cooper, I'm glad you and Grace gave Ellie a bath. That looks like a lot of fun. I love all of you so much! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment