Hello family!
Hi. It was a great week this week. Elder Christensen just hit two months on the mission. I can't believe he's already been out that long.
This area is such a great place. I love it here. As of right now, we are preparing five people to be baptized this month, and we are praying and working very hard so that each of them will be able to overcome any opposition that comes in their way. Kwesi and Sheniza are going to be married this week, and we are so excited for them that they will finally be able to take that step. They are excited!
Elder Christensen is doing great. He's been working on making sure he knows the doctrine in Preach My Gospel chapter 3, and he's honestly doing a great job. We are unified in our teaching, and it's really good to see his growth and progress so far!
I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that it can answer the questions that we have for the Lord, especially when we need His guidance for something. This week because of the Book of Mormon, the Lord has been able to help me know what we can do to help our investigators continue to progress. I've felt that overwhelming feeling to just keep trying, to not give up, but keep following up with those who are preparing themselves to make covenants with the Lord. I know that's what He wants me to do.
A spiritual experience I had this week was with a family that we were able to meet. We were contacting one day, and we actually contacted a member from the Linden branch who was staying up here in Georgetown. He said that at the place he is staying, there is this family from the interior that we should come and visit. We went back the next day, and we met this shy but sweet family. They are very poor, and they mostly know English, but they normally speak a language that they don't really write. It was just a spiritual experience being able to teach them. They've never heard of the church before because the church doesn't have a branch anywhere near where they live, but they love learning more about Jesus Christ. The mother said, "I love to learn about Jesus Christ because I need Him to help me." That was really good to hear, and I know that Heavenly Father guided us there so that we could share this message with them while they are here.
Love,
Elder Hanni
PS- I forgot to mention last week that we got to go to the Georgetown zoo on P-Day. I got some good pictures that I want to send to you.


No comments:
Post a Comment