Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 60--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 6--Elder Christensen

Hello family,

 This week was a great week! We got transfer calls, and I'm staying here in Garden Park with Elder Christensen! I'm excited, and I'm glad to be staying here. My whole MTC group is now officially in Trinidad. I'm the lone survivor here in Guyana, but it's fine.

  Garden Park is really great. We are doing really well here. We were really glad to use our contacting time this week to contact some referrals we've received, and that was really great. I am grateful that we have that time every day to find new people and fill the pipeline.

  Elder Christensen is doing great. I'm glad that we will get to stay together another transfer. He is getting more and more comfortable with talking to people, and it has been really good to switch off with him on who leads every time we contact a different house.

  I have a testimony of personal revelation. This week during my personal studies, I have been asking the Lord certain questions, and every single time, those questions have been answered in the Book of Mormon. I truly know that the Book of Mormon contains the words of life, and it answers the great questions of the soul.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was on Monday. Our seven and eight o'clock appointments fell through right as we were going out to proselyte, and I honestly wasn't sure what to do for the rest of the night after our six o'clock appointment. For some reason, I just felt like we needed to ride through our contact area, so we did so, and as we did, we stopped at an investigator's house. He is someone we haven't been able to see for a while. He wasn't there, but his girlfriend was, and we were able to contact her and teach her a great lesson later on in the week. We also stopped by another family we haven't seen in a while, and we started talking to the sixteen-year-old son. We just followed up with him on if he prayed about Joseph Smith, and he said he did. Then, he said he heard a voice, but he wasn't sure if it was his imagination or not. We talked about it with him, and he told us that it was a small, good voice. We then read in 1 Kings when it talks about the voice of the Lord. Afterwards, he said, "At first, I thought it was my imagination, but now I know it was from God." He knew and recognized the Holy Ghost for himself. We were then prompted to invite him to be baptized, and we did so. He said yes. It was just an amazing experience for me especially since I had no idea what we needed to do that night. I'm so grateful the Lord guides us in this great work.

I love all of you so much. I want all of you to have a great week. I'm so glad you got to go fishing this week. That's nice that it's right by the house. Catch some fish for me!


Love,

 Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment