Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 59--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 5--Elder Christensen

Hello family,

 I had a great week this week. I'm loving it here in Garden Park, and I don't want to leave this area! Luckily, I will probably get to stay here for another transfer. I'll let you know what is going to happen next week.

  This area is really great. I love being here in Garden Park, and I especially love working with the investigators that we have here. We were able to follow up with some people that we haven't seen in a while this week, and we made sure to have that time available for those investigators progressing the most. We also were glad to begin a new contact area this week. We've enjoyed having that time every day to find new people.

  Elder Christensen is a great companion. I really enjoy learning from him. He's grown a lot so far this transfer, and he's already becoming confident in many aspects of missionary work. It's just nice to be able to see that in him. I'm really enjoying the opportunity to have him here with me in Garden Park. I know that there are things that the Lord specifically needs him to do while he's here.

  I have a testimony of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father hears my prayers as well as the prayers of those that we come into contact with every day. I know that prayer is a sacred time to communicate with our Father in Heaven. I am grateful for the help that Heavenly Father gives to all those who pray in faith.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was teaching Daniel, a recent convert. He's eleven years old, and we were talking to him about the commandment to pray often. We asked him what he prays for, and he said, "I ask Him to give me strength and power to become a missionary." That was so nice to hear from him, and when he gave the closing prayer, he asked Heavenly Father to let him be a missionary when he gets big. I just felt the Spirit very strongly, and I know that Heavenly Father will answer his sincere prayers.

 Well, Payton, I'm glad you're seventeen now. When I left, you were fifteen, and Cooper was eight, so please forgive me if it's hard to believe. Anyways, I love all of you so much, and I know that the Lord loves you and watches over you.


Love,
 Elder Hanni


No comments:

Post a Comment