Hello family,
I had a great week this week. It was really cool because our district was able to help 29 people come to church between two branches. Members are what make the difference. That was really cool this week.
Garden Park is doing very well. We had our branch's sacrament meeting start at 9:00 instead of after the other two blocks. Everyone was pretty worried that no one would show up that early, but we actually had a lot of people come out to church, so it was really good that the change was well announced. That was really nice to see everyone there.
Elder Ortega and I are doing great. We are able to teach very well together, and we are doing our best to teach according to the needs of our investigators. We have been planning in that way, and I feel good that we are really striving to teach them in the way that the Lord would have us teach them.
I have a testimony that Heavenly Father wants all the members of this church to do missionary work. We had a really cool experience when we invited someone to go teaching with us that we normally don't ask to go with us. As we did that, that member was able to be such a great help in the lesson that those investigators really felt a desire to come to church, and they did come to church. After that lesson, the member felt a prompting to give us a referral. It was such a nice experience, and I know that as we invite more and more members to come with us, they will feel the joy of sharing the gospel and have a desire to keep sharing it.
A simple spiritual experience I had yesterday after church was going to the home of two of our investigators with a baptismal date. There were also two of our other investigators with a baptismal date there as well. When we got there, we saw them gathered together, and they were reading the Book of Mormon together and discussing it with each other so that they all could receive a good understanding of what they were reading. That was a spiritual experience for me because it was so amazing to see that the Book of Mormon means a lot to them. On the Sabbath, instead of doing something else, they gathered together and read. That was a great example to me of the way the Lord wants us to make the Sabbath a delight.
I'm really glad that all of you will be busy with some fun things this week. Payton, you enjoy yourself at Aaron's Camp. That was always my favorite camp. Grace, you do your theatre thing, and Cooper, you have fun playing basketball. Dad, I hope everything goes well with in-processing and training and everything. Mom, I hope the packing and everything is still fun.
Love,
Elder Hanni
| President and Sister Egbert and I before they leave the end of June. |
| Elder and Sister Fry and I. They are getting ready to leave as well. They are from Evanston, WY. |
No comments:
Post a Comment