Week 8--Elder Ortega
Hello Family,
This has been a great week. We had our last zone conference with President Egbert on Friday. He will be leaving at the end of June. I will be sad to see him go, but I am so grateful for all that he's been able to teach me. The topic of the zone conference was on temples, and it made me so excited to go back to the temple. Also, I was able to get the package at zone conference, and I opened it up this morning. Thank you so much for the package. I really loved the ties a lot. I'm wearing one of them right now. The beef jerky was also much appreciated. Please tell Brother Marsh thanks for the tide book. His strait analogy is one of my favorites ever.
Garden Park is doing really well. President Heera is working really hard, and I feel like our branch councils are really helping the branch to be unified and take action. We have started following up more with our contacts that we make, and that has been really helping us to stay in touch with those that we contact so that we can give them every opportunity to hear this message.
Elder Ortega is a really good companion, and I feel like both of us can be very open with each other. Our purpose is the same, so it is very nice that both of us can help each other with our weaknesses, and we are able to strengthen each other every day.
I have a testimony that the Lord knows what He is doing. I love Mosiah 4:9, especially the part that says "believe that man doth not comprehend all the things the Lord can comprehend." As I continue to grow as a missionary and as a child of God, I know that my growth and the skills and talents I have are not of my own, but they are of the Lord. He is mindful of everything we go through, and He has a plan to help us progress in the manner best suited for our eternal destiny. I am so grateful for that.
My spiritual experience this week happened on Friday and Saturday. After zone conference, we went to see a twelve-year-old investigator named Aaliyah. We followed up with her on her prayer about Joseph Smith. She said she prayed, and then she listened and focused for the answer, but she didn't feel anything. We decided to just go on with the lesson because we were talking about the Book of Mormon, and I had faith that talking about that would help us to find a way to resolve her concern. As we talked about how we can know if the Book of Mormon is true, we decided to read Moroni 10:3-5 with her. After we read it, she said, "When I read this, I feel something." We asked what it was that she felt. She said she felt a good feeling. We asked her where that feeling came from, and she said, "It came from God." We then asked her to ponder what it would mean when she prays that night about the Book of Mormon and feels the exact same feeling she just felt. She thought for a minute, then said, "Then the Book of Mormon is true." We committed her to do that very thing, to pray that night. The next day, we called her and followed up with her on how it went. She said, "At first, I didn't feel anything, but after a while, I felt the good feeling. This is the right book." I know that the Book of Mormon can truly be the keystone of our testimony as we exercise faith in its principles.
I love all of you so much, and thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment