Hello Family,
It's been a great week this week. I'm really loving being a missionary here in Guyana.
We have had a good week in Garden Park. We had to stop teaching a few people because they were not progressing or they need some time to make a decision, but I know that that was the right thing, and they understood why we wouldn't be able to come anymore. We were also able to find a lot of people this week just by doing simple acts of service. It has been really nice that people have allowed us to help them, and it's always good to talk about the gospel after service.
Elder Ortega and I get along really well, and we worked very well together this week. Something both of us are doing well with is continuing to study the doctrines in chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel. That has helped us to teach in unity and also teach for understanding.
I have a testimony of the gospel. Sister Sandra had kind of a rough week after her baptism because of the opposition that Satan throws at us when we do good things, but she has stayed strong. She has been steadfast. "Steadfast" is one of her favorite words in regards to the gospel, and it has been something she has told herself again and again so that she can stay strong. I'm grateful for her example. Even though it has been a hard week for her, because she continued to live the gospel, she made it through, and she continues to feel the Holy Ghost in her life.
A spiritual experience I had this week happened on Saturday. Sister Shequila, the recent convert from the Bel Air area, has a best friend who lives in our area, and on Saturday, Shequila came with us to teach her friend the first key lesson. It was really cool to be able to go teaching with her because she really is excited about the gospel. The lesson was one in which I felt the Spirit because Sister Shequila's testimony is very powerful and sincere, and her best friend talked about all the changes that have happened to Shequila ever since she decided to be baptized. It was just a very nice experience to be able to go and teach with someone who is new to the gospel but whose testimony is so strong.
I'm excited that everyone is either done with school or finishing this week. It's also pretty crazy that all of those people are graduated now. It doesn't feel like it's been a year since I graduated. I'm very excited that Drake and Trey are going to be going on missions soon.
I love all of you so much, and I hope you have a fantastic week. Good luck with everything!
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| My District! |
![]() |
| Nice Sunset! |


No comments:
Post a Comment