Week 10--Elder Ortega
Hello family,
We had a great week this week in Garden Park. We were able to go with more members this week, and that was really nice. Only one of our investigators was able to come to church because everyone else got sick and vehicle problems and everything, but it was really comforting when we heard that one of our members went and visited some of those investigators who didn't come. I'm really glad that the members in our branch really care about those we are teaching. It will help them as they are baptized to be able to feel the love of the branch.
Elder Ortega and I are doing great. We become more and more unified every week. I'm so excited for him to be able to go to Trinidad for a day this week to be able to get his patriarchal blessing. He is so excited, and I'm excited for him especially since we understand more about the gathering of Israel now.
I have a testimony of the importance of faith. On Saturday, I was able to learn that from two of the people we are teaching. One of them is a recent convert, and by her faith she was able to be completely healed when we gave her a blessing. She was so excited to talk about faith that lesson because of that. She said, "Believe and have faith, and it works." Another person we teach told us that she has faith that she and her husband can be married on the 29th so that they can be baptized on the 30th of June. She doesn't know how everything is going to play out, but she said that she is going to move forward with faith and that no matter what the circumstances are, she will be married and baptized at those times. I loved hearing those answers, and those were testimonies to me from the Holy Ghost of how important it is to have faith.
My spiritual experience this week was being able to go teaching with our branch president. He is doing so well as branch president, and he is doing more and more things to magnify his calling. On Saturday, he went with us to see Sister Nichola, a recent convert, and during the lesson, she really enjoyed having him there with us. He brought the Spirit with him, and she really felt that he cared for her. He was also going with us to see some of our investigators who normally come to church. They fell through, but it was so nice to be able to have him with us. He really is helping the members in this branch feel that he loves them, and he is making a big difference. That was a really nice spiritual experience for me this week.
I'm super excited that you were able to get a house. It looks long, and it also looks nice. That is a big tree in the yard! I'm excited to see the place that I'll come home to. I hope everything goes great this week, and I hope that the packing and everything works out nicely. Always remember to pray that all of Heavenly Father's children can receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They need it!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment