Hello Family,
On Friday, it was a national holiday. Phagwah (that's pronounced "pog wuh"). It's a Hindu Holiday, and it is the festival of colors. So pretty much, people put a bunch of colors on everyone. It was sweet. I took a picture before we went out, and after we came back in. You could say I had a little color to me when the day was done.
We are working hard here in Canje. I am really enjoying it. There are quite a few people that we are working with right now that we have just given the Book of Mormon. I am excited to follow up with them about their experiences in reading, pondering, and praying. I am so grateful for this gem of a book that we have.
Elder Eads is a really good companion. We get along really well, and we have been able to work hard together and in unity. I am enjoying getting to know him better and serving with him here.
I have a testimony or prayer. I have seen that prayer is such an important part of life on earth because it is the only way we can talk to Heavenly Father. Without prayer, I could not talk to him, and I would be very sad. I am grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father who not only lets me pray to him, but wants me to pray an anytime. There is no specified time when I have to pray. I can always pray to him. I am very grateful for that, and this week, I will continue to pray unto him that he may consecrate my imperfect performance.
A spiritual experience I had this week was in teaching an investigator name Mark. He is a very smart man, and on Tuesday, we were able to take a member over to see him. We taught him about Joseph Smith, and that is something he's wanted to talk about for a long time. After the lesson, he remarked, "I feel like I'm in a dark tunnel, but at the other end, I see a light." The member who went to go see him with us said that he thought Mark was a genuine man and an honest seeker. That was confirmed to me when we went to see him again on Friday. We have him the Book of Mormon the time, and he was very excited to receive it. He told us that it was a book that he had been meaning to read for a long time. He understood all the doctrine we taught, and he especially understood the role of the Book of Mormon plays in helping us to know that Jesus is our Savior, that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that his church is true. He said, "I want to read the Book of Mormon twice." I was very grateful for that experience, and I am excited to be able to see Brother Mark again.
Mom, You asked if Elder Bigler was still in Bath. He is actually in Georgetown now. He is one of the teaching assistants there. I heard that the baptism didn't happen on Saturday because Brother Mike is in the hospital in Georgetown, so Sister Baby wasn't able to be baptized. I'm praying that Brother Mike will get better so that Sister Baby will be able to be baptized.
I hope you all have a marvelous week.
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Before the festival of colors. |
![]() |
| After the Festival of colors. |
![]() |
| Elder Eads and I after the Festival of Colors. |
![]() |
| My name tag got a little color. |
![]() |
| Beautife sunset in Canje, Guyana. |





No comments:
Post a Comment