Friday, March 2, 2018

Week 31--Canje, Guyana

Week 12--Elder Fisher
Week 1--Elder Eads

Hello Family,

This week was a great one. The whole week, I was in a trio. Yay. Elder Fisher has gotten to stay in Canje for an extra week, but he will be leaving tonight.  I'll miss being his companion. My new companion is Elder Eads. He's from Kaysville, UT and he's the 8th of 11 children. That's pretty sweet. He's my fourth companion from Utah. I think that there might be a lot of Mormons there. Don't quote me on that, but it's something to consider.

A spiritual experience I had this week was on Saturday. We went out with Brother Hilton to try to find some members to bring them back to church. We had planned to find a specific family in the village. The record said they lived at Lot 57. There are only one or two lot numbers actually posted on a street, so it was of hard, but we found lot 57. The man who lived there said that he was not a member and that there was another lot 57 in the village after a certain cross street. We went to that cross street and found lot 1, but we had no idea how to fins lot 57. We ended up simply walking forward. We stopped to ask a man if his house was lot 57, but he was deaf so we couldn't communicate. We kept just going forward. The road curved to the right, and we eventually reached another cross street. At the first house on the right, we saw some people outside, so we decided to ask them. The woman we talked to said that her house was lot 27 and that she didn't know where lot 57 was. Then, all of a sudden, she called inside for her Father to come out, and she told us that her father was a member of the church. He came out, and we had a lesson with him. He was not the person we were looking for. We later found out that the people we were looking for had moved out of the village, but I know that we needed to find this man. The Spirit had guided us to someone else that Heavenly Father wanted us to find. I had no idea where I was going, but the Lord did. Brother Hilton really liked this experience as well, and I know that all of us recognized the diving guidance in our proselyting that day.

I love you all so much. I hope your week goes well. I am having a lot of fun here.

Love,
Elder Hanni

PS I heard that Sister Baby is getting baptized in Bath on Saturday. So is Brother Deo, hopefully. I won't be able to go, but Elder Gibson said he would take some pictures for me.

The Trio. Elder Eads, Myself, and Elder Fisher.

Elder Eads and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment