Hello Family,
This week we got our transfer calls. Elder Fisher's moving to the very far location of New Amsterdam. I am staying here in Canje, and my companion will be Elder Eads. He isn't here yet. I'm in a trio with Elder Gibson and Elder Fisher for now, and when Elder Eads gets here, I'll be in a trio with him and Elder Fisher until next week. Elder Fisher won't go to New Amsterdam until next week. Probably because it's a super far away.
A spiritual experience I had this week was when someone very special came to church. Brother Deo, an investigator from Bath, was in Canje on Sunday morning so visiting a friend, and he knew Elder Gibson and I were at church, so he came to church in Canje with us for all three hours. It was so good to see him there. Elder Allen and I had found him two transfers ago, and he is progressing towards baptism. All he needs is his birth certificate. I was talking to him, and it is amazing the change that has come upon him since the missionaries found him. He told me some wonderful things: "I don't know how to read, but I prayed about the book of Mormon, and I feel it's true." "I'll be glad to take my family to the temple and be sealed to them." He loves this church and he knows it's true. He told me that after he learned about the Word of Wisdom, he was able to stop smoking 40 cigarettes a day and be clean through a priesthood blessing. He isn't feeling withdrawals anymore. It was such a spiritual experience to see the wonderful change that has come upon this man in the space of about three months. I am so grateful for the experience.
I have a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have been reading through the Book of Jacob in the Book of Mormon this past week. Tomorrow, I will get to enjoy Jacob 5. I have loved Jacob's focus on Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I especially loved the description in Jacob 3:1 when Jacob tells us that "He will console you in your afflictions, and He will plead your cause." I know that this is true. The Atonement of Jesus Christ eases burdens. Jesus is truly our Mediator. I am thankful for this knowledge.
I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week,
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Brother Deo and I. He brought a bird to church. That is what is in the cage. I couldn't leave it out of the picture. |



No comments:
Post a Comment