Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 33--Canje, Guyana

Week 3--Elder Eads

Hello Family,

I had a great week this week. Sounds like everyone back home has gotten sicker than I have here.  I haven't really gotten that sick here at tall.  I only had to stay in one time, and that was because I was on an exchange with Elder Sanchez, and he was sick. Other than that, I've been pretty healthy.

We are doing well in Canje. We have worked hard in our contact area, and we found this really cool family with about 7 people in it.  Their names are the Saruwans. The mom and dad have a good relationship, and the kids like to laugh at the funny things their dad says.  I felt really good that first lesson, and I am excited to continue to be able to teach them. 

Elders Eads is a great companion. We get along really well, and out teaching is unified.  We are able to have a good attitude even when bad things happen. We had some bike problems this week, and we worked together well to fix the bikes and get working again.

I have a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have been reading the sermon given by King Benjamin in Mosiah 2 and 3 for the past couple of days. WOW! I really loved it. I can see why Tad R. Callister called it the greatest sermon on the Atonement. My testimony has been strengthened so much to know how central the Atonement of Jesus Christ is to our Salvation. It is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ that living the gospel and the commandments actually means anything. Without it, we could not come even come close to our goal of eternal life. I know there is no other name nor way whereby we can be saved.  Only through Jesus Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.

My spiritual experience this week actually happened last Monday. We went to see a teenager investigator named Shane. The last time we had taught him, he was worried that he wasn't receiving an answer to his question if the Book of Mormon is true, so we taught him about prayer and the Holy Ghost. We taught him to pay attention to his feeling and thoughts this time when he prays. He agreed. When we saw him that night, we asked him if he had prayed, and if felt that God had answered his prayer.  He said, "After I prayed about the Book of Mormon, I felt a happy feeling all day and looking back on it, I remembered what you told me. I know that I received an answer to my questions. The Book of Mormon is true."  I know that he did indeed receive his answer. We invited him

to be baptized now that he knows that this is true, and he preparing himself now to be baptized on April 28th. I am so excited for him, and I know that Heavenly Father does answer our sincere prayers.

I hope all of you have a wonderful week. I'm doing great here. I love it, and I love you.

Love,

Elder Hanni

Perfecting the Selfie...or not

A field of animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment