Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 26--Canje, Guyana

Elder Fisher--Week 7

Hello Family,

This week has been pretty good week.  We had zone conference, and we talked about our goals for 2018.  We also talked about the new prophet and First Presidency. I got to watch the announcement as well as part of the press conference. No matter what question was asked, I loved that they continually taught us that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that we are His Children. It all comes down to that. President Egbert came teaching with Elder Fisher and I after zone conference. It was sweet. It was a really neat experience to be able to go teaching with the mission president.  I'm going to miss him when he leaves in June/July. I'm glad I still have that long with him.

A spiritual experience that I had this week was in a lesson Elder Fisher and I had with an investigator named Sister Allison on Saturday. We went by and asked her if she had read from the Book of Mormon, and she said she had. We had left her Mosiah 13 because we were going to talk about the 10 commandments with her that day. She talked about how it was just like the bible, and she said that she read it to her mom to show her mom that everything that they had heard about our church before was not true. Sister Allison is someone who has shared with her family what she knows to be true now. Then, we talked about the 10 commandments, and she already had a testimony of all of them.  She shared a story of how she knows that we shouldn't commit adultery because her mom had always taught her to "marry for keeps." She talked about how her mom and dad stayed faithful to each other until her dad passed away. She said "It wasn't perfect, but they tried their best." at the end she testified that as she keeps the commandments, her days will be long upon the land. It was very nice experience.

I am very grateful that we have a prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, and a new First Presidency. As I watched the live videos, I felt confirmation that they are the Lord's chosen servants ont eh earth today.

Love,

Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment