Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 27--Canje, Guyana

Elder Fisher--Week 8

Hello Family,

It has been a pretty good week here in Canje. Elder Fisher and I were temporarily in a trio with Elder Gibson this week because his companion finally got his visa for the United States to go to his mission. He was with us while he waited for his new companion. It was pretty fun, but I think I like having two elders more than three.  Oh well.  I learned a lot from it.  Elder Fisher and I biked all the way to the end of Canje Road today.  45 minutes later, we reached the end of it.  It was pretty.  There was a river, a power station, and lots of jungle. We met a guy fishing there. He had a hook in the water with a snail on it. I didn't get to see him catch a fish, but I'm sure that would be a sweet place to go fishing. It was a sweet biking all the way there because it was straight bush for some parts of it.

My spiritual experience was in a lesson with an investigator name Valesia. She had to leave every few minutes during the lesson because she was cooking, but that was okay, because most people cancel on us if we show up when they are cooking. Also, she never lost her focus once, even though there were pauses in the lesson. We taught her about the Book of Mormon. She has a great desire to find the true church, and her willingness to have this lesson with us was evidence of that. She said, "I think that God would want us to have the Book of Mormon because He wants us to go in the right way. He wants us to have peace because he loves us,  and he wants us to be one people." That answer, especially about being one people, strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the gathering of Israel. I am very grateful for that lesson.

I love you all so much. I hope that family comes back to church, Dad. They just dated the best church in the world.  I hope they know that. Grace good job on your forensics meet.  Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure story telling will blow them out of the water next time. Payton, you stay undefeated in basketball, okay? Cooper, you're a cutie. Mom, I am glad you got to go to Grandman and Grandpa's farewell. I didn't realize that they already leave next week. That's pretty crazy. I hope your week is a great one.

Love,

Elder Hanni


P.S.  Here is where we went todya for P-Day. It's the very end of our area.




These next pictures were emailed to Jana from her friend Tiffany Johnson, who's friends son was in that trio with Elder Hanni and Elder Fisher.

My friend just sent me these pictures.  Elder Gibson (from here) got to be in a trio with your Elder Hanni while waiting for his companion. Small world..they got to meet.

Tiffany

Elder Hanni and Elder Fisher

Elder Hanni, Elder Fisher, and Elder Gibson. 



No comments:

Post a Comment