Hello Family,
This week was pretty great. I hit my six-month mark which is pretty crazy. It doesn't feel like it's been six months. I celebrated by burning a tie. It took a long time to light up, but it was pretty fun. It is the beginning of my fifth transfer today. I'm staying here in Canje with Elder Fisher, so I'll finally have a companion for longer than a transfer. I'm looking forward to it. We should hopefully have some baptisms this transfer, so we'll work hard for that. Grace, I can't believe you believed Dad and Payton. National Treasure 2 is when they steal the white house, and Kronk plays Black Widow in Avengers 2. I hope everyone loves going back to school. You are going to love it. If you were living in Guyana, your Christmas break would have ended today, but it would also have started on December 15th. Oh Well.
My spiritual experience this week was in a lesson that we had yesterday with an eleven-year-old investigator, Prekesh. The lesson we had before, we tried to talk to his mom about him being baptized, but she didn't want to hear any of it. She is not a member of this church. She insisted that he would never be able to live the life after baptism and she said that he didn't understand baptism at all. That was really hard to hear. This lesson, when we asked Prakesh what to pray for, he asked us to pray that his mom would agree to let him be baptized. Then, during the lesson, he said, "I felt really good at church today. I felt clean." It was a really good lesson about obedience, and when we asked him how he could be obedient, he said something really interesting. He said, "I should respect my mom and talk softly to her." It was an answer that surprised me, but it was wonderful. We then invited him to talk to his mom after we left about baptism. He said that he would and that he would talk to her softly. It was such a spiritual experience to see Prekesh have a true desire to be baptized. He is willing to do what it takes so that he can have that experience. I don't t know what happened when he talked to her, but I know that the Lord will provide a way for him to be baptized.
I love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful week.
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Preparing to burn the tie. |
![]() |
| Ready to light it up. |
![]() |
| Burn Baby Burn! |
![]() |
| Dinner! |




No comments:
Post a Comment