Hello Family,
I hope you know where that quote came from. How's it going? Happy New Year! It's already 2018. I can't believe it. My camera works today, so I'm sending pictures of Brother Terry and family. This week was nice. They don't call it New Year's eve, they call it Old Year's Day. Lots of loud music and partying was going on. We had to go in at 6:00 pm that day. Bummer. Someone invited us to a Hindu wedding, too, but those are crazy, so it's probably for the best. I tried to stay awake for the count down to midnight, but it's really hard to stay awake when you are in a bed in the dark. Apparently, there were really loud fireworks at midnight, but I slept right through them. Mom, I really like that family painting. It looks pretty sweet. I like the nametag I have on. So, the snow didn't stay for very long, huh? Oh well. If it's any consolation, it's still the same temperature here as it was in July.
My spiritual experience this week was in a lesson with an investigator name Sister Ackleema. We weren't sure how much further we wanted to teach her because we didn't know if she was listening to learn more about God or if she just liked meeting with us. We went into the lesson and followed up with her. The last time, we had taught her about prayer and the Holy Ghost. We followed up with the verses we had left in the Book of Mormon. She said she did read them, but that she didn't understand them at all. I was a little discouraged by that. Then she kept talking, though, and she said that she randomly found a verse. She couldn't remember what it was, but she said she fell in love with it. We never found out what verse it was, but we did ask her if she prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. She said that she had before she started reading the book, and she said that she felt happiness and that his book was something huge in her life. We tesified that that was an answer that this book is true. Then, she surprised us again: She asked, "How can I be baptized?" We hadn't even been talking about that. We had been talking about the other things she could know by knowing the book is true. She wanted to be baptized, and that was something we weren't expecting. She now has a baptismal date for the 17th of February, and she came to church for the first time on Sunday. It was truly a tender mercy from the Lord, and I am thankful for it.
I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their Christmas break. Good luck to Elder Johnson next week. I'll be praying for you.
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Rejesh, Brother Terry, Me, Sister Pam, and their youngest son. This is right before I left Bath. |
![]() |
| Elder Bigler and I with this amazing family. |
![]() |
| All of the Elders who taught this family. |
![]() |
| After they were baptized. |




No comments:
Post a Comment