Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Week 10--Bath, Guyana

Week 4--Elder Bigler

Hi Everyone,

I am very grateful for conference. I really needed to hear Elder Holland's talk about imperfection. I struggle with that. I loved when he said, "In spite of our imperfections, at least God is perfect." I also loved his counsel to refuse to let our shortcomings cause us to be cynical of the gospel path and to keep striving no matter how clumsily we grasp the perfect gift of our Savior Jesus Christ.

We watched the priesthood session in the morning on Sunday before the morning session.  There is only one place in Berbice that has a satellite: Canje. But no one from where we are can really afford to travel all the way to Canje. It gets expensive. We watched it in Rosignol, and we just streamed it at the church. It worked most of the time.

I missed the very beginning of last session because the internet cut out, but when I heard the opening prayer, it sounded like Elder Hales had died. I didn't know for sure until Elder Anderson's talk at the very end. I loved that talk. I loved when he talked about President Nelson going to visit Elder Hales. I'm glad he could share some last words.

We missed some parts in a few talks, but for the most part, we got to watch the whole thing.  It was amazing. General Conference is like Christmas for missionaries.

Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Hanni

Elder Cook and I a few weeks ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment