New Transfer, Elder Bigler--Week 1
Hello!
This week has been really interesting. Ever since Elder Bigler got here, our apartment has been malfunctioning. First, our water turned off for about three days. We had enough water to drink, though, so it was fine. Next our toilet broke. The guy who came over to fix it had to buy some parts, so he said he'd be back in twenty minutes. It's been 5 days... I think he flew out of the country. It has been pretty hilarious. We do have a nice bucket and the toilet in the other apartment is just a twenty minute bus ride away, so it has been really fun. Then, the keys got lost in a taxi, and we had to break into our house by opening the window and using a wooden dowel to turn the door handle and unlock the door. Luckily, the taxi driver saw the Rosignol missionaries and gave it to them, we can now get into our apartment without looking suspicious. This week has definitely been an adventure, but we've laughed a whole bunch about everything. We taught someone yesterday who couldn't really listen the whole time because her baby was being fussy, but when we told the Joseph Smith Story, her baby was quiet, and she was able to listen. When we asked her to pray about Joseph Smith, she said "I want to know." That was such a cool experience. We have been so lucky to not have Hurricane Irma destroy us. St. Maarten and St. Lucia got hit really hard, but we have been fine. It has been a great week, and I have loved being with Elder Bigler. He is from Salem, Utah, and has been a really good trainer so far. Anyways, I have loved this week, and I hope that all of you have a great week as well.
Sincerely,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment