Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 6--Bath, Guyana

Elder Cook--Week 6

Hello!

This past week has been a good one. It was the last week in the transfer, so Elder Cook had to say goodbye to a lot of people. Mike was really sad to see him go. We got to go do service twice a week for the Narine Family.  The father is the branch president in our branch. The first time, we forked their garden. That was pretty cool. It took longer than it would with a tiller, but we had a good time. The second time, we got to go out in the bush (the jungle) with cutlasses to chop some branches for their shed over their garden. It was super cool. Now I've been in the rain forest. I saw a big centipede, but no monkeys. Oh well.  We got to swing cutlasses at pretty much whatever, and we got to cross some creeks. It was awesome. This morning, we woke up and there was a tarantula in our room. It was pretty big and scary, but we drowned it in bug killer, so it was fine. I will meet Elder Bigler tomorrow, and I will have to lead out the area, which is scary, but I know the Lord will help me to do my best. I am especially excited to work with Mike's wife. She is preparing for baptism, and we are trying to get her a date for the 30th of September, but we are so excited.

Love,
Elder Hanni
Big Ole Tarantula in my bedroom. It was doused with bug killer.  



Elder Cook and I with our Cutlasses.

The Jungle aka the Rainforest









No comments:

Post a Comment