Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 5--Bath, Guyana

Elder Cook--Week 5

Hello Everybody,

So this week has been really fun.  I got to try my first seven curry yesterday. They serve it on leaves, and you have to eat it with your hands. They caught me when I wasn't looking at the camera, though. We had an investigator tell us she wanted to get married and be baptized this week without even asking her to! That was a cool experience. She has to get a valid birth certificate before she can get married, and that takes a long time in Guyana, but she wants to be baptized in November! Today was our zone sports day. We played soccer for two hours in the blazing sun, so I felt what it was like to play on the turf at our school. It has rained here a few times this week. It rains really hard, and the lightning is pretty spectacular, so it's pretty fun. On Saturday, we got transfer calls a week early.  I get to stay in Bath! That makes me happy. Elder Cook is being transferred to Tobago. He and his companion will be the only missionaries on the island. I'm getting a new companion named Elder Bigler. I don't know really anything about him, except that he's athletic. I am excited though, even if Elder Cook is leaving. I've had a great week, and I hope yours amazing.

Sincerely,

Elder Hanni

Eating seven Curry with Elder Cook

Birds in Bath

Cows in Bath


No comments:

Post a Comment