Week 4--Elder McMillan
Hello family,
We are doing really good in Bel Air. We were able to clean up our teaching pool this week, and we finished our contact area and found a new one. We were also really glad to have 6 of our investigators at church this week.
I'm really enjoying Elder McMillan. He's an amazing missionary. We are just having a lot of fun, and we are enjoying the work here in this area. He's teaching me to be a more effective missionary.
I have a testimony of wanting to find the elect. Right now, I just feel like I'm enjoying contacting more than I ever have before. I'm always excited to meet new people because I know that the Lord is putting people in our path so that they can be able to receive this gospel.
Elder McMillan and I were in an area going to an appointment, and when we got there, the doors were closed. There were some kids outside who informed us that the people we were coming to see were inside the house, but when we called inside, no one came out. We were sad that they didn't want to see us anymore, so we decided to follow up with someone a few houses away. It turns out that she just didn't agree with what we said, and she just wasn't interested anymore. We were sadder after that, so we were about to leave the area to go somewhere else, but then someone called out to us from a shop and asked us how we were doing, we said we were doing good, and since the shop was behind us, I considered just continuing on our way, but then we felt like we needed to talk to this woman. We did, and it turned out that she knew some members in our branch. When we returned for a return appointment, she told us that she feels like she needs to be baptized because she's been going down the wrong track for a while. We invited her to be baptized that lesson, and she accepted! I know that wouldn't have happened if we had just biked away. I'm grateful that the Lord blessed us that day to be able to find someone new when the others dropped out.
I love all of you so much. I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment