Thursday, November 8, 2018

Week 67--Bel Air, Guyana

Week 1--Elder Buxton

Hello family,

 This week I got transferred to Bel Air. It was kind of a crazy week, but it ended up being really good. Elder Buxton and I are responsible for helping missionaries get transferred to where they need to be. I got my Guyana driver's license this week, and I started driving here. It's kind of fun driving on the left side of the road. I found out that Brother Beresford is going to be baptized this week, and I'm close enough that I'll be able to go, so I'm excited for that!

  Well, this was my first week in Bel Air. I must say that I love the branch here. The members are super amazing, and they love to help the missionaries, so I've enjoyed getting to know them. We are currently looking for a new contact area so we can start filling the pipeline and continue the work rolling forward here.

  Elder Buxton is a great missionary. He really has a great desire to help others come into the fold of God. I've enjoyed the first week with him, and we both just really want to do our best here in Bel Air.
  I have a testimony of the Lord's work. I know that this is His work. I've been a little overwhelmed at first with my new assignment and all the responsibility that comes with it, and it has helped me come to know that I really cannot do this on my own. I know that the Lord can help me to do all things that He needs me to. Like it says in Moroni 10:23, "And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me." I know that He will help me as I have that faith and that desire to work.

  This spiritual experience was an interesting one. I loved meeting the new missionaries coming to Guyana. They flew in very late, and we were bringing them back around midnight, and they hadn't eaten anything. We were not sure what we were going to do, and we just really wanted to help them to have a good experience with Guyana for the first time. As we were getting back into town, of course the places we were passing to pick up food were all closed because it was so late, but then we saw a stand on the side of the road with some lights flashing. We went over, and it turns out that this man sells burgers. We asked him for the number we needed, and when he looked in his cooler, that was exactly how many he had left. We had gotten there in just the right time too because there were other people coming. That was just a simple spiritual experience for me, and I do know that the Lord provides for His servants, and He is a God of miracles, even physical miracles.

 I really like Cooper's costume of a stormtrooper. It looks really cool. Also, Ellie looks really cute. I love all of you so much. I hope you have a great week!

 Love,
  Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment