Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 65--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 11--Elder Christensen

Hello Family,

 I had a great week this week! We were able to have interviews with President Baird, and it went amazing. I love having interviews with him. We also had our zone conference this week, and we learned more about the Book of Mormon!

  Garden Park is doing great! We were so excited to have 8 investigators at district conference. This Saturday, we will be having the baptism of the granddaughter of one of the members in our branch, so we are excited for that!

  I love working with Elder Christensen! He is a great elder, and he has grown so much in the past two transfers. He has taught me a lot about truly working by the Spirit and loving the people we teach here.

  I have a testimony of the gospel principle of change. As I have been here in Garden Park, those that we have been able to work with have made such amazing changes in their lives just because of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He is the only way that we can change to become like our Heavenly Father. It is amazing to be His representative here in Guyana!

  My spiritual experience this week was yesterday. We saw an investigator named Darshanie. We were planning to teach her about the Book of Mormon, but as we got there, the Spirit told us that that wasn't what we needed to teach. We were asking her questions, and we were listening to her, and we also followed up with if she prayed about Joseph Smith and this church. She had, and she said the voice she heard within herself made her feel happy and free and that she slept so well that night. She received a witness that this is true. Then, she started talking about how she just feels so good when we are there with her, but when we are not there, she doesn't feel like doing those good things like reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church. We helped her understand that that feeling is from the Holy Ghost and that the reason we keep inviting her to do these things is so that she can feel the Holy Ghost even when we are not there. When she understood that, she said that she was going to come to church this Sunday!

 I love all of you so much. I hope you have a great week!

 Love,
  Elder Hanni

The pictures below were taken from Facebook. This was their Georgetown Zone Conference.  Thank you so much, Brother and Sister ODair for posting pictures of our favorite missionary.





No comments:

Post a Comment