Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 57--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 3--Elder Christensen

Hello family,
 We are working hard here in Garden Park. We are excited that some of our newer investigators are starting to come to church. We have started to schedule in contacting time for an hour every day, and that has been really good. I just hope and pray that we may be able to keep our teaching pool at a moderate size. I really love teaching the people here in Garden Park. It just makes me really happy to be able to work here.

  Elder Christensen is doing great. I love working with him. He is very sensitive to the Spirit, and I know that the Lord is using him to not only teach me but also bless the lives of these people here in Garden Park. He is doing very well with adjusting to the work.

  I have a testimony of the power of repentance and the gospel principle of change. I was able to interview someone for baptism for the first time, and it was such an amazing experience. That person taught me so much about repentance and the peace that she feels through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that His Atonement is infinite, and I know that there would be no way to make it through this life without Him. I was pondering King Benjamin's words in Mosiah 2:20-26, and I know that the Lord's love for us is eternal. All he requires of us is to keep His commandments for which He doth immediately bless us. We are forever indebted to Him for all that He has done for us.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was in teaching a mother and her three daughters. They came to church for the first time last week, and the first thing the mom said was that she loved coming to church. That lesson, we had planned to talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, but as we started following up with them on their prayers about the Book of Mormon, we knew that we needed to invite them to be baptized because both the mom and her 11 year old daughter had received a witness that the Book of Mormon is true. When we invited the mom to be baptized, she was a little hesitant because she is very involved in her church, but she does want to continue to learn and to pray. Then, we turned and started talking to the daughter, and she just smiled as we invited her to be baptized. She was feeling the Spirit, and she said yes. I'm grateful that the Spirit can guide us to teach what they need to here.

It's good to hear that everyone started school this week. Is there even a dress code? Wait, mom, you're working at a music studio? That's so sweet!

I hope this next week is a great one for all of you! I love you so much!

Love,
 Elder Hanni

I sent a picture of the mom and her three girls. The two little ones are adorable, and the youngest one sings Moana for us sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment