Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 56--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 2--Elder Christensen

Hello family,

 Well, it's been a pretty awesome week. I've really enjoyed it, and it is really fun to be with Elder Christensen.

  We had a great week here in Garden Park. We were excited to be able to put two more people on a baptismal date this past week. We were also excited because we were able to have a few of our newer investigators attend church yesterday, so it was good to see those investigators start progressing a little bit more.

   Elder Christensen is a great companion. I really enjoy being with him. This week, he has gotten a lot better at teaching the doctrine in the Restoration. He is doing so well with studies and proselyting. It's just a joy to see him continually learning and growing. It is really amazing to see the love he has for these people.

   I have a testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon. As I have been in Alma, I am always so blown away by the words of Alma and Amulek from chapters 32 to 42. I know that Alma's invitation for all to "come and partake," (Alma 42:27) is the Savior's invitation to us. I know that the words written in this book were written by prophets inspired of God.

   A spiritual experience I had yesterday was when we had lessons with Abiola and then Kwesi and Sheniza. For some reason, we did not feel like we needed to teach them what we had planned for them, and I wasn't really sure what we needed to talk with them about, so I simply opened my Book of Mormon, and what was so amazing is that as I did that, the Spirit was able to direct me to flip to the exact right pages to share the scriptures that the Lord needed us to share with those of his choice children last night. It was amazing, and the Spirit was so strong, and it wasn't because of me at all. I know that the Lord is mindful of every people, and I love being an instrument in His hands. One of the scriptures that we ended up sharing with them, I think is appropriate to share at this time. "Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land. Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26:35-37) I know that I can't do this on my own. The Lord is in charge, and this is His work.

 Payton, Grace, and Cooper, I'll be praying for you this week as you start school. It will be good. Just make sure to read the Book of Mormon every day, and it will carry you through the day.

Love,
  Elder Hanni


A nice dog laying on a bench. 


 
One of my recent converts in the branch and his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment