Hello family,
So, we got our transfer calls. Elder Ortega is leaving, and he's going to be with Elder Fisher. I get to stay here in Garden Park, and I super excited for that! I don't know who my new companion is yet because I'm training a brand new missionary, and he probably leaves the MTC today. I've never had a new missionary with me before, but I'm sure it will be great. I'm excited for this opportunity! I'll be with Elder Ortega until Friday, and then I'll get my new companion, so it should be a fun week!
I finally got to meet President and Sister Baird last weekend and on last Monday. They are really cool. President Baird is pretty hilarious. I'm excited to have him be my second mission president.
We are doing well in Garden Park. Something we have been focusing on more now that we strive to have ten interactions a day is finding families. We have been really excited to be finding some families in our contact area, and we are trying to meet everyone we can and invite them to join those that we teach.
I have really enjoyed being with Elder Ortega the past three transfers. He has been able to teach me so much and help me to become better as a missionary and as a person. I'm excited for the opportunity to be with a new missionary and to hear his input and work together with him to make this area even better.
I have a testimony of following up with people. We meet so many people here, and sometimes it feels like we can't go and see all of them, but I do know that making that effort to follow up with someone shows them that you really care about them and that you're here for them. It also helps us as missionaries to truly understand the needs and desires of those of Heavenly Father's children that we serve.
A spiritual experience I had this week was in teaching the granddaughter of a member who lives in our branch. First of all, she gave us the referral for her granddaughter by pointing to her and saying, "Baptize her!" That was a nice way to receive the referral. As we've gone by to teach her granddaughter, it has been a spiritual experience for me to see the support of the grandmother as we have been teaching. The grandmother is very patient when her granddaughter doesn't understand, and she carefully and lovingly explains things to her. It is so wonderful to have that kind of support when teaching an investigator, and it really helps me to feel the Spirit.
I'm excited that Payton and Grace got to sign up for classes. Those sound like really cool classes. Also, the basement looks like it's coming along pretty well. I hope Ellie's surgery goes well today. I hope your week is amazing, and I love all of you so much!
Love,
Elder Hanni
PS- I found a horse with some nice bangs, Mom! I thought you would like it. My bangs aren't as nice as his, but I might as well send this other picture too.


No comments:
Post a Comment