Week 17--Elder Ortega
Hello family,
I had a great week this week. It went by really fast, but it also felt long just because we were doing so many things. I loved it, though.
Garden Park is doing so great. We had a great week here, and we really enjoyed being able to focus on the needs of Kwesi and Sheniza and the extended family. We have also been able to find two new families to teach, one in our contact area, and one as a referral. I love it when the Lord leads us to families. It's just fun being able to teach them together.
Elder Ortega and I are doing great. No problems. We just are really enjoying being in this area, and we love the people that we are able to teach here. We continue doing our best to help each other become better. This week is the last week of the transfer, so we should find out at some point about transfers. This is my third transfer with Elder Ortega, so we're pretty sure that he's going somewhere else, but you never know. We could stay for a fourth transfer. I'll let you know what happens next week.
I have a testimony of the priesthood keys held by branch presidents. As we were trying to help Kwesi and Sheniza and their whole family this week, we were not sure how we could possibly resolve contention among them regarding marriage and baptism, so we felt that prompting to call our branch president. He gave up his night that night to go over to that family with us, and he handled everything so well. I truly felt that the Lord was guiding him in what to do and say as he ministered to those under his stewardship. I am so grateful for priesthood keys given to the Lord's chosen servants.
A spiritual experience I had this week was on Sunday. We were finally able to see a certain investigator again for the first time in about three and a half weeks because of the events surrounding the death of her brother at the beginning of July. It turns out that the next lesson we were on with her was the Spirit World, and the commitment we had left with her in the Book of Mormon the last time was Alma 40:11-14, and so she was able to read about where her brother was at right now, and we also talked about it with her. She said, "This lesson was left for a reason. It was God's plan." I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways and that he personally knows our investigators and that he guides us to specifically meet their needs even when we don't fully realize it.
I'm excited that you guys get to work on the house and the basement. Those walls look pretty good, Payton. Keep up the good work. Tell Ellie not to get any more kidney stones for me. Cooper, I can't believe you're already strong enough to push a lawn mower. Congrats! Grace, I just think that your performance went really well (You too Payton). It really was marvelous. Couldn't tell you what it was about, but I just know it was good.
I love all of you. Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
The pictures below were taken from Facebook and are from the most recent Georgetown West Coast Zone Conference. We love it when the Senior couple past pictures of our favorite missionary.


No comments:
Post a Comment