Week 14--Elder Ortega
Hello family,
This week, I got to celebrate the fourth of July on the fifth, which was my year mark. I celebrated by burning my Phagwah shirt on a metal shovel. It burned really well. We took a video of the whole thing, but it's on Elder Ortega's camera, so I just sent some pictures of it after it had been burning for a while. It was very, very fun. It also rained a lot this weekend, and when it rains, sometimes, it fills a whole street so that it looks like you're riding through a river, so I took a picture of it. It's really fun when that happens.
We are doing great in Garden Park. This week, Kwesi and Sheniza went in to the post office this week, but they didn't have enough money to get married, so they need to get some more and go back in. We keep working with them because as they are working towards marriage and baptism, they share the gospel with so many people around them. We spend a lot of time in their yard teaching members of their family. It is really amazing to be able to do that.
Elder Ortega and I were working really hard this week to improve ourselves as missionaries. We really want to be serving with our heart, might, mind, and strength. Both of us have been very focused this week, and we feel good about the work that we were able to do this week.
I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. As I have been studying it this week, I have been able to receive specific messages from the Spirit on how I can improve as a missionary and as a person. I love the king's words in Alma 24:15 about what it means to truly forsake our sins. He said, "Oh, how merciful is our God! And now, behold, since it has been as much as we could do to get our stains taken away from us, and our swords are made bright, let us hide them away that they may be kept bright, as a testimony to our God at the last day, or at the day that we shall be brought to stand before him to be judged, that we have not stained our swords in the blood of our brethren since he imparted his word unto us and has made us clean thereby." I love those words, and I know that they are true. As we do all that we can do to become more like Heavenly Father, we cannot just stop trying.
A spiritual experience I had this week was being able to see some members that we have been working with come back to church for the past few weeks. They are a young family, and the father is a returned missionary. As they have been able to come back to church, they have been so much happier when we go by. The father also received a calling yesterday to be the Young Men's President. Yesterday, when he taught the young man who came to church yesterday, I felt the power of his testimony. He taught by the Spirit, and it was an amazing experience. He and his family have a goal to be sealed in the temple, and I'm so glad that they are seeing the joy that comes from living the gospel.
I'm so excited that all of you are going to be moving today. I'll be praying for you, and I hope everything goes well. It's going to be quite the adventure for sure.
I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment