Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Week 38--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 2--Elder Ortega

Hello Family,

This week has been pretty great.  I got to use the rain jacket that Aunt Angela gave me almost every day towards the end of the week.  It kept me nice and dry. 

We are doing our best here in Garden Park. This week we struggled with getting members out with us, but we are hopeful for this week.  We were able to follow up with a lot of investigators on Saturday, and we invited a lot of people to church.  It was very nice to see be able to see those progressing investigators at church on Sunday.

It has been really fun being with Elder Ortega. He is a great Elder, and I have noticed that he is very sensitive to the Spirit. When he receives a prompting, he acts upon it, and he truly recognizes the still, small voice. I have been grateful to have been with him this week to witness that. 

I have a testimony of writing down inspired answers. I was looking at my past planners this week, and I was comparing the notes section in each day with the notes sections I have now.  It certainly was hard for me to hear those inspired answers at the beginning of my mission, but now I am able to fill my planner with those memories of spiritual experiences and inspired answers. I love it so much, and it is so good that the Holy Ghost is able to teach these investigators and myself about our Heavenly Father and His gospel.

My spiritual experience this week was in visiting our newest recent convert, Sister Nichola. When we followed up with her on how she felt at her baptism, she expressed her love for that experience and especially for those members of the branch that attended and supported her. She said, "I felt like part of the family. They were there for me." I felt that as well at her baptism. The members truly came to support her. She also said, "I felt so good like a whole burden was taken away." It's interesting that I've been here for two weeks, but Sister Nichola is so different since she has been baptized. She's happier, and I know that the Holy Ghost is with her. I'm so grateful to be able to witness that change that has taken place in her as she has embarked on the covenant path.

I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love,

Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment