Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 37--Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 1 --Elder Ortega

Hello Family,

So this week was pretty sweet. I moved to Georgetown! There is so much stuff here that isn't in Berbice: Stoplights, stop signs, two-lane roads, and other stuff that I can't think of right now. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.  It's a really big place. I am currently living in Alexander Village on second street. You can find that on Google maps if you want. There are some really nice restaurants here. I had pizza from pizza hut, and I just had my first real hamburger today since I left on my mission. It was so nice.

I really like it here. It is different than Canje. I will miss Canje, but I am super excited to work here is Garden Park. Members have been really willing to come out teaching with us, and I am so grateful for that.

Elder Ortega is a really good missionary. He is a great companion and leader as well. We have enjoyed getting to know each other this week, and we have been able to work and teach really well together.

I have a testimony of priesthood. I got sick the day after I traveled to Georgetown from Berbice. Luckily, I wasn't going to my area that day anyway. I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from Elder Sanchez and Elder Thackery, and the next day, when I went to Garden Park, I was able to work the whole day. I feel great now. I am so grateful for the priesthood, and I know Heavenly Father was able to bless me to continue working hard.

A spiritual experience I had this week was the baptism of Sister Nichola. I just barely go tot Garden Park, and there was a baptism Saturday. As I taught her the last things in the days leading up to baptism, I could tell that she was ready. The spirit confirmed that to me. On Saturday, there were a lot of members at the baptism to support her, and the whole baptism went so smooth. It was a wonderful experience, and I know that Sister Nichola is going to be so happy here, and she already has a lot of friends.

Love,
Elder Hanni

PS--The second picture is with everyone in the branch who came to support her!

Also,we are teaching a former Guyana boxing champion, so I got a picture with his belt.






No comments:

Post a Comment