Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 35--Canje, Guyana

Week 5--Elder Eads

Hello Family, 

How's it going? I am super excited that everyone is on Spring Break.  It sounds like a lot of people in the branch are getting some good work done in the temple. 

We are working hard here is Canje. We worked really hard this weekend to have people come to church. It was really good to see Ravindra at church again.  He hasn't come in a while, and he looked so happy at church. I know that coming to church is so important for members is this area.  Elders Eads and I are doing great. I don't have any complaints about him. He's a great missionary and a hard worker, and I enjoy working with him here. He is very good at helping people pray a the end of lessons, so that is a strength I am grateful he has.  

I have a testimony of following the spirit. On a teaching visit with Elder Riggs this week, he had the unmistakable prompting to visit a former investigator from this area that he had known while he was in New Amsterdam. We had time in between appointments, so we went there. The reason the investigator was dropped was because she couldn't come to church due to family circumstances, but when we went there that day she told us that those circumstances were gone and that nothing would be holding her back from coming to church anymore. That was a wonderful experience, and because Elder Riggs followed that prompting, my testimony of the guidance of the Holy Ghost was strengthened. I know that it was no coincidence that that happened, and I am grateful that investigator will have another chance to accept this gospel. 

My spiritual experience is from the 21 day promise. We gave a family a challenge a few weeks ago. They finished on Saturday, and they prayed for a less active woman in our branch. She hasn't been to church in a long time. They told us we should pay her a visit.  We made the appointment, and on Saturday, we went to her house. She told us of the struggles she's been having and how she felt isolated from the branch, but she told us  how happy she felt when she was baptized and was coming to church. She told us "When I saw the missionaries calling, my husband said maybe it's time for me to come back to church." Her husband is a Muslim, but he is grateful when she goes to church. We told her that she needs those blessings that come from going to church and partaking of the sacrament. She said she would come to church the next day, and she said "I'm going to get a great blessing as I come to Church to partake of the sacrament, and it won't just be for a few days or a month, but it'll be forever."  She was at church yesterday, and after wards she looked so happy! 

I love you all so much. I hope your spring break is awesome. 

Love,

Elder Hanni

PS--I ordered an alligator scripture case a few weeks ago, and I got it today. It's pretty sweet. I sent some pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment