Thursday, March 22, 2018

Week 34--Canje, Guyana

Week 4--Elder Eads

Hello Family,

This was a good week. There was zone conference this week. We talked about Joseph Smith. It was really a good zone conference. We heard that the mission home was purchased in Curacao, and they are moving there in May.

Canje is doing well. We were able to go with Shane to church on Sunday. He really liked it and that he is going ot come back next week.  I'm excited that he's taking steps toward baptism.

Elder Eads and I are having a good time. We have been unified in our teaching and getting along very well.  I enjoy being able to learn from him about controlling the situation and teaching the doctrine.  Those are very good strengths that he has, and he has been helping me with those things.  I have a testimony of serving the Lord. I know that the Lord has placed me here in this mission in the area with Elder Eads for a reason.  I knwo that he is in the details of my life and everything that happens to me happens for a reason. I am so grateful that He knows me and loves me.  I loved reading in Mosiah 5:15 to day which talked about being steadfast and immovable so that Christ may seal you His. As we take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ through baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and as we endure to the end, we will be saved in the kingdom of heaven.

We have a very nice lesson with an investigator name Kwasi on Saturday. He is a very educated man who is goin gto the Univeristy of Guyana full time, so he is only available on some weekends. Even so, when we go and teach him, he always remembers what we taught him last time, and the message of the restoration is making a lot of sense to him. On Saturday, we taught him about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the gospel and priesthood.  When we talked about what Jesus said to Josheph, we asked him why Jesus said that all the churches were wrong. He said, "They were wrong because Jesus Christ never gave them the priesthood, which is the power to teach and to baptize." His answer reminded me of another lesson we had that day about the Great Apostasy, and the man we were teaching told us, "They were missing the priesthood." Those two answers given in two consecutive lessons confirmed to me again of the truthfulness of the message and that our church is different and correct becasue we do have the preisthoos.  I am so grateful for that and I know this church is true, and that we have the same priesthood that Jesus Christ gave to His Apostles long ago.

I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love,

Elder Hanni

Elders Eads always practices safety first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment