Hello Family,
How's it going? I had a pretty good week this week. My bike kept on breaking this week. On Friday, I was riding my bike, and my left handle bar broke off. We replaced it with a shiny new blue one. Then, the next day, I was pedaling out of a driveway, and the metal shaft for my pedal broke off. I've had some fun this week with my bike. It's all fixed now, but hopefully nothing else happens. Our landlord put Christmas lights on our house, so it feels like Christmas here. Elder Fisher and I are planning to Skype around 11:00 am here. I believe that is 8:00am for you. I can't remember what my Skype name is, but I think it is just my name. I'm pretty sure it's 40 minutes that we get to talk. The missionary handbook says 30-40 minutes. I am super excited to be able to talk to you.
My Spiritual experience this week occurred in a few lessons with the same investigators. We were teaching a woman named Christina Persaud, and she lives out in Betsy Ground. This past Monday we went to visit her, and we were going to teach her about the Savior's earthly ministry, but when we got there, the man that she lives with stayed with us in the house, and Elder Fisher and I felt prompted to just begin teaching him (his name is Raju) and his wife together. We had a wonderful first lesson with them. Brother Raju told us, "God doesn't want us to go on the wrong track." We saw them again on Thursday, and Sister Christina didn't think that Raju was going to join us, but we invited him to participate, he did. It was another great lesson. Raju said, "God wants all of his children to be closer to him." That has been a wonderful experience to be able to start teaching Sister Christina and Brother Raju together as a family, and we are excited to be able to go back and see them again tonight.
By the way, there is a village in my area called Goed Bananen Land. I think that's Dutch, but everyone calls it Good Banana Land. It's pretty sweet. Congratulations, Grace, you get to fall in love with a man with a donkey head. Don't make it a habit.
I love you all. Have a wonderful week, and I'll see you on Christmas.
Love,
Elder Hanni
![]() |
| Broken Handle Bar |
![]() |
| New Shiny Blue Handle Bar |
![]() |
| My pedal should not be in my hand. |
![]() |
| Broken Pedal |
![]() |
| Christmas lights on our house |





No comments:
Post a Comment