Hi All,
It has been a hot week down here in the Caribbean, but I am loving it down here. I don't know how I am going to send pictures because my camera can't pick up the internet, and the computer won't take the USB drive I tried to use, so I'll try again next time. We have been teaching mock investigators twice a day, and I am learning how to more simply share the gospel and how to plan effectively. That has been really helpful here. I have some amazing teachers, and luckily they speak English. On Sunday, I was asked to speak, but before I tell you about it, let me tell you how talking in church at the MTC works. During the week, we are all asked to prepare a talk on a certain subject (this week was repentance), and the MTC president figures out during sacrament meeting based on the Spirit who is speaking. So I found out in the middle of sacrament meeting that I was going to speak. The upside is that we have to speak in our mission language, so I got to speak in English. I talked about the strait story that Brother Marsh told us at Aaron's camp the first time I went. You should ask him about it; it was really good analogy about the straight (strait) and narrow path. We also go to go to the store here is Santo Domingo on Tuesday. It is weird seeing prices in pesos because it looks like a bottle of pop costs $34, and a recliner costs $10,000. I got to go to the temple for the last time before I leave for Trinidad. Our flight leaves Monday, but we still don't exactly know where we are going to be assigned. Congratulations to Eliza for her mission call. English turns out to be a really easy language to learn. It sounds like trek was a good experience. I'm so glad you all were able to go. Anyway, I am out of time now, but I love you guys, and I'm so glad to be here.
Sincerely,
Elder Hanni
No comments:
Post a Comment