Thursday, August 10, 2017

Week 2--Bath, Guyana

Elder Cook--Week 2

Well, it has only gotten better here in Guyana. I am loving it. This past week, Elder Cook turned a year old on his mission, so he got to burn a shirt. It was pretty spectacular. Our investigator, Mike, is such an awesome person. He wanted to move his baptismal date to August 19, and last Saturday, he got married to his wife! It was so cool.  On Sunday, his bus broke down two times on the way to church, but he still came.  He told me that Satan really didn't want him to come to church, but he didn't let that stop him.  We are so excited for him and his progress.  I have been trying a lot of new food, and it is all really good. Yesterday, I had duck curry, and this past week, I've had Palori, roti, eggball, potato ball, lots of different drinks (mostly Coke), and lots and lots of chicken. They really know how to cook here.  I have been loving it, and it has finally rained a few times here.  It rains really hard, but it's fun.  The people here are so prepared to hear the gospel. This week, I got to go on an exchange with Elder Straddeck in Rosignol (He and Elder Allen are the other two missionaries in the branch). Rosignol is this town where we email, send letters, and shop. It was fun. Anyways, I've had a great week. Congratulations to Payton for his Metal-Free mouth, and good luck with school, everyone!

Sincerely,

Elder Hanni

Mike the investigator, soon to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

The rain is coming. 



Elder Cook starting to burn his shirt to commemorate his one year mark. 

Burn baby Burn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment