Monday, July 8, 2019

Week 102--Couva, Trinidad

Week 6--Elder Raymond

Hello family,

 We were able to have a great week in Couva. We didn't waste a minute. Something really good this week is that we were able to contact a lot of people, and we were actually able to contact into a lot of lessons with those people. We were able to find a few very, very promising people that way, and I was so grateful for that. There were a few who just loved learning about the Book of Mormon, and there were also a few who have a desire to be baptized. That was really fun this week to be able to do that.

  I must say that I have really enjoyed being Elder Raymond's companion. He has done a really great job, and I know that he will continue to move the work along here in this area. He has a very good sense of the things that we and the ward can do to best help those we are teaching, and I have been very grateful to learn from that.

  I have a testimony of losing oneself in the work of the Lord. There are so many things that we could be worrying about, but I have found that worrying about what the Lord wants makes everything else worry you less. I am very grateful for that. A goal I have had for a while is that I did not want to let myself go or allow myself to work with less effort as the time of my mission finishes. I am very grateful that I set that goal, and I can testify that the Lord has magnified that desire. Until today, all I want to do is to serve Him. With the time I do have left in this calling, I will continue to do all that the Lord expects of me, but when that time is up, I know that I need to continue to do the Lord's work, even if that means having a different calling. I am okay with that. I am going to miss being a full-time missionary more than I can adequately express, but I rejoice that I still have a few days left to give everything I have.

  A spiritual experience I had this week was being able to go out with Adrian, our recent convert, to teach some of the people in our area. We were able to go with him last week as well, but this week, we taught him the Restoration and then went out to teach others the same message. It was amazing to hear him bear his testimony of the truthfulness of this message to those we visited, and it made me so happy to see his willingness to minister to those people. He has grown a lot in the month since we first met him, and I know that the Lord has truly been merciful in this part of His vineyard. I testify that he watches over all of His flocks and that His work is the greatest work on the earth.

 I love all of you so much! Thank you for your prayers and your faith. I can't wait to see you all again at the end of this week. Take care and know that I'm praying for you! I'll see you just now.

 Love,

Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment