Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Week 48-- Garden Park, Georgetown, Guyana

Week 12--Elder Ortega

Hello family,

 We had a great week. It's the end of another transfer, and Elder Ortega and I are staying together for a third transfer. It's kind of weird not changing companions so frequently anymore, but it's kind of nice too.

 Garden Park is great. Elder Ortega and I are excited to be here another transfer. We have been really excited to meet some referrals and new people this week. It has been so fun just to talk about the gospel with everyone that we meet.

  I really like serving with Elder Ortega, and I'm excited to be with him for another transfer. He has really helped me to become better as a missionary, and I'm excited for the chance to learn more from him this transfer.

 I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Yesterday, I was reading from Alma 17, and I was just really enjoying the story of Ammon. When I got to the end of it, I was wondering what I could write down as my theme from my scripture study for the day. Then, I saw verse 31 again, and I read it in a different way, as if the Lord were speaking to me. It said, "My brethren, be of good cheer and let us go in search of the flocks, and we will gather them together and bring them back unto the place of water; and thus we will preserve the flocks unto the king." When I read it like that, I realized that that was the Lord's invitation for us to go and work with Him in His vineyard (Jacob 5:72). We have the wonderful opportunity to help Him bring His flocks back to the living waters so that they may return to our Father in Heaven. I know that that is true and that we have such a divine work to do.

 One spiritual experience I had this week was at church. We have some investigators that come together to church. One of them just got surgery on his leg, so he is in a lot of pain every day, and on Sunday, he wasn't really sure if he was going to come to church. We have another investigator who has a car, and he also woke up with some pain, and he considered staying home as well. But then he knew that he couldn't make excuses, especially as he is preparing himself for baptism, so he got up and got his family ready, and he drove to the investigator who's leg just got surgery and helped him to come to church as well. It is so nice to know that these investigators that we are teaching help each other to progress and prepare themselves for baptism, and I know that this gospel is blessing them so much. They are coming to church because of the happiness they receive.

 Wow, I can't believe you are already moving to Wyoming. Next week will be your last, I guess. That's pretty crazy. I'm just glad you have a dog to go with you now. Tell Ellie hi from me. I love all of you so much, and I hope you have a great week this week!

Love,

 Elder Hanni

No comments:

Post a Comment