Thursday, August 10, 2017

Safely in the Dominican Republic!

July 5, 2017

Hey Mom and Dad,

I am emailing to let you know that I have made it to the MTC okay and well.  It is very warm here. I met on other missionary in Newark. Edler Blackham. All the others were in JFK and Atlanta.  Santo Domingo is pretty huge, but the MTC is right next to the temple. Getting through customs was fun because everyone spoke Spanish, but I  made it through with no problems.  I hope you got the picture I sent. I should hopefully be sending more soon.  There are only six missionaries who will be speaking English here. Five are going to Trinidad, and my companion, who has not arrived yet, will be going to Jamaica. I also wanted to let you know that my P-day here is Thursday, so you won't hear from me until then.  I love you guys, and I hope you had a wonderful fourth of July! I wanted to let you know that immediately after I left TSA Colorado Springs, I actually met someon from the Dominican Republic who asked me what I was doing in the Dominican Republic, and when I told her I was there to train for a mission in Trinidad, She thought it was really cool and wished me luck, and then there was someone on the plane whose son is serving a mission in Peru right now. She was in our Branch on Sunday, and the Fawsons are working with her daughter. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I am ok and doing well, and I will email again next Thursday.

Love
Elder Hanni
This is a picture of the Military USO at the Denver airport.  They offer food and a place to rest to military families at airports.  

No comments:

Post a Comment